Patches O'Houlihan 4ever In Our Hearts: R.I.P. Rip Torn
Rip Torn solidified his legacy among millennials during his stellar performance in the classic comedy film Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. The gruff old man who starred as Patches O’Houlihan drenched us in sound sporting advice, letting the boys and girls know “If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball,” and the five D’s of Dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge! On July 9, 2019, the legendary actor went in his words “bye bye,” at the age of 88. Here are his 10 best quotes from Dodgeball.
1) “And will someone catch a goddamn ball? It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there!”
2) “Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.”
3) “I love the smell of queef in the morning”
4) “Those men and that muff-diver believe in you.”
5) “I ain’t crazy and I ain’t a guy.”
6) “Holy hell, son, you’re about as useful as a cock-flavored lollipop.”
7) “If you want to have dodgeball victory, you have to grab it by its haunches and you gotta hump it into submission!”
8) Patches – “I've got some hookers in my room. What do you say we go celebrate? My treat”
Peter – “No, thanks I'll just stick with the scarf, but thank you.”
Patches – “Suit yourself, queer.”
9) "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."
10) “Tomorrow, we're gonna pecker-slap those Globo-Gym bastards!”